Why Study in Australia
September 1, 2004, there were 192,460 international students enrolled in Australian universities; reports also reveal that the number of commencing full-degree students from India grew by 51.9%. There are many reasons why international students choose to study in Australia :
- Australia has the third largest number of international students in the world, after the USA and UK.
- Australian qualifications and institutions are recognised globally for their high quality and excellence. Graduates from Australia are very successful in finding jobs and hold prominent positions worldwide. Additionally, they are readily accepted for postgraduate study at leading international universities.
- International students in Australia can work up to 20 hours a week, allowing them to earn money, gain useful work experience in a foreign country and meet a variety of new people.
- Scholarship opportunities are available for international students.
- Students interests is provided by the government through legislation called the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act. The act ensures protection of international students by regulating the educational institutions and requiring registration of institutions and courses based on quality.
- Multicultural Australia is a safe, friendly, sophisticated and harmonious society in which students can learn and travel.
- Universities must meet strict accreditation requirements and standards mandated by their respective governments.
- Degrees and universities are recognized internationally as among the best in the world by employers.
- Australia has a safe, secure, vibrant, and friendly environments to live, study, and work in for international student.
- Australia offers excellent value for money and a standard of living, which is among the highest in the world. Living expenses and tuition costs in Australia are considerably less expensive than the UK and USA.
- High quality, first class education with modern facilities, excellent teachers, support services and international recognition.
- Dynamic and energetic study environment with a choice of study pathways, entry points and study environments.
- Australia is a politically stable, safe and friendly country that welcomes international students and visitors.
- Australia is one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world. You may find Australian very different from home, but it is welcoming, friendly and many Australians understand your culture - International experience will enhance your future job opportunities and can give you significant employment advantages.